Thursday, June 23, 2016

Six months later

Well, it has been awhile again.  Six months later and that pavilion has been put up and we are enjoying spending time in its shade.  The dogs, especially Genny, appreciate the cover in the heat of summer.

The garden is growing just fine.  We need to pick the bolted romaine lettuce.  We have also joined a local CSA for produce.  The first haul was just the right size for the two of us and tasty, but I hope future ones are a bit bigger, as I think it was expensive. 

Lots of birds are visiting the feeders and I am having fun taking pictures of them.

I have started meal planning.  I like it so far, as it streamlines grocery shopping and takes the question of what's for dinner out of things.  Waste seems to be less.  It also allows us to try new things regularly, which we really like.  Lots of new recipes to try!  Tonight I will attempt a spinach and sausage stuffed shell recipe.  I rarely make baked pasta, so this will be something a little bit new.

I cannot say that life is very exciting.  Work is still stress free and a bit boring.  I already have all of my Christmas presents made and finished and it is only June.  I am kind of redoing my sewing studio, as I felt things were getting a bit chaotic.  Hopefully I will not make it worse before it gets better.


Until next time,
Ciao!
Birdie in Cucina

No comments:

Post a Comment