Friday, February 20, 2015

Dreaming of warmer days

Hello friends.  I hope you have all been keeping warm this brutal winter.  It is so very cold this year!  So, I admit that I have been a bad blogger and haven't posted anything for a while.  I think the winter is getting to me.  It is effecting my imagination and motivation.  I long for the patio days, when we could spend more than a few moments outside without your face hurting from the cold.

You would think I would have a lot of time to cook and play, but it seems not to be the case.  Maybe I am not getting enough sunlight and need one of thise special lamps.

So, in the spirit of lightening things up, I have decided to revist some of my summertime memories.  I hope that you enjoy them.




I think I am now going to challenge myself to make some new and interesting meals.  Soups in particular.  I had found an interesting recipe for a sweet potato soup, which is something very out of the box for me.  I think a minestrone is in order, to get some vegetables in our meals.  So many times it is easy to rely on starch to warm up and fill out winter meals.  I recently ordered one of those veggie noodle makers, so I am looking forward to playing with that instead of pasta.

So, off to research some new soup recipes!

Until next time, Ciao!
Birdie in Cucina

1 comment:

  1. Your sunflowers made me smile!
    Can't wait to hear about the new soup!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete